A key enterprise use for the Entra identity suite is the role it plays in enabling and managing Azure Virtual Desktops.
In this presentation Matt McSpirit explains how to configure Azure Virtual Desktop with the enterprise-grade configurations you’ll want in place for secure authentication, improved connectivity, flexible user data, and service resiliency.
- Your options using Azure Active Directory to achieve single sign on and passwordless authentication.
- The newest experiences for using Web Authentication (WebAuthn) to redirect additional authentication factors to local devices.
- RDP Shortpath to optimize connectivity to remote hosts.
- Your options for using FSLogix to manage profile containers.
- Architecting your Azure Virtual Desktop configuration for resiliency, and
- Using Confidential Computing virtual machines to meet even the highest security requirements
As the documentation describes Azure Virtual Desktop uses Azure AD for identity and access management. Azure AD integration applies Azure AD security features, such as conditional access, multifactor authentication, and Intelligent Security Graph, and it helps maintain app compatibility in domain-joined VMs.
The Cloud Adoption Framework describes Identity and access management considerations for Azure Virtual Desktop:
- Deploy Azure AD-joined virtual machines in Azure Virtual Desktop: This article will walk you through the process of deploying and accessing Azure Active Directory joined virtual machines in Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Supported identities and authentication methods: This article provides a brief overview of what kinds of identities and authentication methods you can use in Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Configure single sign-on for Azure Virtual Desktop using Azure AD Authentication: This article will walk you through the process of configuring single sign-on (SSO) using Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) authentication for Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Azure Virtual Desktop enterprise enrollment considerations: It is important for the cloud platform team to understand the existing enterprise enrollment or Active Directory tenant decisions.
- Device Identities: Learn how to configure and manage device identities in Azure AD.