As Lloyds Bank describes the key motivation for virtual desktops is the new normal of a highly distributed workforce.
Lloyds has staff and partners all over the world who need to access their business applications, but their previous Citrix-based VDI platform was centralized and on-premise, causing them performance and cost issues.
Moving to a Cloud native approach has streamlined the cost base and also enhanced performance for all global users, and furthermore integrates naturally with their very popular use of Microsoft 365 across the enterprise.
VDI Business Case
Microsoft documents the details of this business case in the Strategic Benefits of Azure Desktop, highlighting that it can be a key use case within an overall Cloud adoption and migration strategy. AVD can provide a platform for enhancing organizational innovation through improved agility through more dynamic business models that utilize remote and temporary workers.
- Simplified desktop management improves efficiency and allows for management of more devices in less time.
- Reduced end user downtime related to management and security issues.
- Streamlined application and patch management, saving more than an hour handling each device.
They document a TEI (Total Economic Impact) model for Microsoft’s AVD including:
- A three-year 210 percent return on investment and payback on the initial investment in as little as three months.
- Reduced IT costs for maintenance, deployment, and management by 59 percent.
- Reduced VDI licensing and infrastructure costs by up to 34 percent.
- Increased productivity by up to 22 person-hours through improved security response, connectivity, and user onboarding.
Empowering the Hybrid Workforce
In this webinar Login VSI hosts a panel of VDI experts to explore the technology within an overall trend of the changing landscape of end user computing, which has evolved dramatically over the past 25 years, and is today the linchpin for driving digital workspaces.
But what does the future hold? In this panel discussion they challenge the panelists about recent developments and future trends that are poised to reshape this market, including the impact of cloud adoption.
Behind the scenes, Login VSI and Microsoft have been conducting research to provide organizations with the necessary insights to make the best choices. In this video experts Jim Moyle, Sr. Program Manager for AVD at Microsoft, and Blair Parkill, Director of Products at Login VSI, share their latest research results and how the data will help you shape your future digital workspace environments.
Enabling Frontline Workers
In their podcast the Risual team build on this strategic context, focusing particularly on front-line workers.
They highlight that they are often the first point of contact for the organization, and therefore it’s essential they are equipped with the tools so that they can deliver the best possible customer experience. Research quantifies that the better able they are to make smart decisions and work productively, the direct impact this will have on customer satisfaction and revenues.